Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Pennsylvania

Evicting a family member

My brother is living at my mother's house. He never paid her anything in the way of rent, steals and is verbally and sometimes physically abusive. Can my mother just throw him out, or does she have to go through the legal process of eviciton? (He's an adult. 23 years old)

Asked on 7/02/07, 9:11 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mark Johns Mark Johns, Esquire
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Evicting a family member

The physical abuse would allow your mother to get a protection from abuse order which would get him out of the house immediately. She should on the safe side do a formal eviction. I offer free initail consultations

Read more
Answered on 7/02/07, 9:27 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Pennsylvania

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Landlord & Tenants Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now