Legal Question in Legal Malpractice in Pennsylvania

I entered into an attorney representation agreement with an attorney on a contingency fee

basis (no fee unless there's an award). Now that the case is not going very well and

it's wrapping up with a tiny settlement, the attorney wants to unilaterally revoke the

contingency agreement and charge an hourly fee, or otherwise abandon the case.

Can the attorney legally do that?

The case was a Federal Employment Age Discrimination case.

Asked on 2/15/11, 8:56 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Glenn Brown Real World Law, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

This is likely not a malpractice issue, however attorneys do not get to unilaterally change their fee agreements.

Read more
Answered on 2/15/11, 9:35 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Legal Malpractice Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now