Legal Question in Personal Injury in Pennsylvania

My wife broke both of her ankles in a fall into a hole/depression at a private Sports Association (SA)field. Conditions - it had been raining the day before, so the ground was not completely dry, but the grass was not wet. She is wheel chair bound for 6 weeks with continued rehab and then once both cast are off,she will need additional rehab. Longer term, the doctors believe she will recover with no permanent issues. Our medical insurance is covering mosts of the medical costs, but they will ask for information on the accident. We will provide them with the name of the SA. I notified the SA of the incident, who in turned notified their insurance company. The adjuster from the ins. co. wants to interview my wife. Should we proceed with the interview or seek our own legal representation.

Justin Gearty Law Office of Justin C Gearty Jr

Yes, you absolutely should have representation before speaking with anyone from the insurance company. One wrong statement could result in a complete denial of payment from them. Plus, settlement amounts tend to be much higher when a person is represented by an attorney versus those that try to settle without an attorney.

Most firms, including mine, handle these sorts of matters on a contingency fee basis, which means there is no charge unless we recover for you.

If you would like to discuss this further, please feel free to contact me for a free phone consultation.

Justin C. Gearty Jr., Esquire

717-490-6325

Email: Justin.Gearty@gmail.com

Richard Senker Senker Law Office

DO NOT attend that interview w/o having an experienced personal injury atty by your side. Call me if you want names of my qualified colleagues near your home.

Richard Senker (610) 279-1600.

Joel Kofsky The Law Offices of Joel J. Kofsky

Good Afternoon,

As you would expect, lawyers would counsel you to use them...I have to concur. I am not clear if your wife was a spectator or participant. There are various defenses the insurer for the Sports Association may have.

I would welcome an opportunity to discuss this matter with you. If you have already retained counsel I would expect that they have sent an investigator to take photos of the site. This is time sensitive and should be done immediately if it has not. Also, if a sporting event you may want to try to find out if anyone videotaped it.

Regards,

Joel Kofsky 215.735. 4800

Daniel Cevallos Cevallos & Wong, LLP

Your wife definitely has some injuries. The question becomes the field's liability, and who is responsible for the fitness of the field. Feel free to call me, but definitely speak to SOMEONE before you talk to any insurance adjusters. No charge for any consultation, and take a look at our website: we focus our practice on cases similar to yours. -Daniel Cevallos 267.639.3105.

Jason Richman Jason A. Richman, Esq.

Its unamimous. Seek counsel unless you are looking to get the short end of the stick. Insurance companies love to get money but are loathe to give it back. It is nearly certain that you will fare far worse without counsel that you would if you retained a competant attorney. Having an excellent attorney is not necessary, even an attorney who is just basically competant, with dramatically increase the chances of a favorable out come for your wife.

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania