Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Pennsylvania

exwife and I are not on good terms. my name is still on the home which she and her husband live. My child has since moved out, she is behind on the mortgage and I'd like to know how to get my name off the mortgage.

Asked on 6/13/11, 8:49 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

She needs to refinance the home just in her and her new husband's name. If they cannot refinance, I doubt they would be willing to sell the home or give their share of the home to you and let you sell it.

This should have been resolved in your divorce. Did you have any kind of marital settlement agreement or is there a court order for equitable distribution which addressed what would happen to the real estate? If so, you may need to go back to divorce court to have your ex wife held in contempt for not abiding by the terms of any agreement or court order.

Read more
Answered on 6/14/11, 8:08 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Pennsylvania

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now