Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Pennsylvania

exwife and I are not on good terms. my name is still on the home which she and her husband live. My child has since moved out, she is behind on the mortgage and I'd like to know how to get my name off the mortgage.

She needs to refinance the home just in her and her new husband's name. If they cannot refinance, I doubt they would be willing to sell the home or give their share of the home to you and let you sell it.

This should have been resolved in your divorce. Did you have any kind of marital settlement agreement or is there a court order for equitable distribution which addressed what would happen to the real estate? If so, you may need to go back to divorce court to have your ex wife held in contempt for not abiding by the terms of any agreement or court order.

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Pennsylvania