Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Pennsylvania

Can your landlord pay your rent if you have a lease? If so, do the lease conditions still apply? If the landlord stops paying your rent, then you go back to paying the rent, correct? The landlord can't claim that by paying your rent, that this nullifies the lease, can he? Thank you.

Miriam Jacobson Law Offices of Miriam N. Jacobson

It's hard to understand your question. I've never heard of a landlord paying the tenant's rent. Either the tenant pays, or the landlord starts eviction proceedings. Maybe you meant to say it differently, or I misunderstood you.

THIS RESPONSE IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE, SINCE I DO NOT HAVE ALL OF THE INFORMATION THAT WOULD BE REQUIRED, AND I DO NOT HAVE A REPRESENTATION AGREEMENT WITH YOU.

* If the answers to your question confirm that you have a valid issue or worthwhile claim, your next step should almost always be to establish a dialog with a lawyer who can provide specific advice to you. Contact a lawyer in your county or township.

* Another reason for contacting a lawyer is that it is often impossible to give a good answer in the Internet Q&A format without having more information. The unique circumstances of your situation and things that you may not have thought to mention in your question may completely change the answer. If you want to be sure that you have a complete answer to your question and an understanding of what that answer means, establish a connection with a lawyer who practices in the area of your concern.

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Pennsylvania