Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Pennsylvania

mistake in deed

if an attorney makes a mistake in your deed and had 4 yrs to fix it and still is not corrected whats this called and what do i have to do no attorney in my area will sue his

Asked on 2/26/07, 3:20 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Miriam Jacobson Law Offices of Miriam N. Jacobson
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: mistake in deed

It depends on what the mistake was. Ideally, you've been making requests that the deed be corrected in writing, and getting receipts for the letters you've been sending.

If the other person involved in the deed will not cooperate with you in correcting the deed, you will probably have to sue in a "quiet title" action to correct title. This action would be against the other party to the deed, not necessarily against the attorney who prepared the deed, and therefore you may have better success in finding a lawyer to represent you.

If you had title insurance [assuming that you were the buyer], you should check with the title insurance company about how to correct the deed.

Read more
Answered on 2/26/07, 3:45 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Pennsylvania

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now