Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Pennsylvania

My partner and I own a home which we lived in for about a year, after our break up I moved out (because of his actions) and he now has his new boyfriend living there, rent free, with no lease agreement or my consent. What can I do?

Since you are both on the deed, you both have an equal right to possess the property. The problem is that you and your partner no longer agree. Buying property with a person to whom you are not married is a bad idea unless you have some kind of partnership agreement.

The partner needs to buy out your share of the equity in the home. If he/she will not do that then you can force a partition. Go and see a real estate litigation attorney who practices in the county/state where the home is located.

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Pennsylvania