Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Pennsylvania

My partner and I own a home which we lived in for about a year, after our break up I moved out (because of his actions) and he now has his new boyfriend living there, rent free, with no lease agreement or my consent. What can I do?

Asked on 9/10/13, 12:12 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Since you are both on the deed, you both have an equal right to possess the property. The problem is that you and your partner no longer agree. Buying property with a person to whom you are not married is a bad idea unless you have some kind of partnership agreement.

The partner needs to buy out your share of the equity in the home. If he/she will not do that then you can force a partition. Go and see a real estate litigation attorney who practices in the county/state where the home is located.

Read more
Answered on 9/11/13, 11:17 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Pennsylvania

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now