Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Pennsylvania

My sister died in 2008. I am still living in the house and paying mortgage. The homeownwers insurance of just cancelled because I'm not on deed. Her children are now trying to get their names on deed. Will there be some type of penalty because we waited so long. We live in Pennsylvania

Asked on 7/11/13, 5:56 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Glenn Brown Real World Law, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Late paid taxes for the estate will incur a penalty amount to the Commonwealth. A local estate attorney can help you fix this. You need tenant insurance and your nieces and nephews need a homeowners policy of some sort.

Read more
Answered on 7/11/13, 8:58 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Pennsylvania

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now