Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Pennsylvania

My parents will calls for sizable contribution from estate to a charitable organization. As the estate turns out to be worth considerably less than they thought, is the executor bound to make the stated gift?

Asked on 4/30/13, 9:29 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Glenn Brown Real World Law, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Depends on the actual language of the document.

Did they retain an attorney to draft it or do it themselves????

Read more
Answered on 4/30/13, 9:40 am
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If there is no money in the estate then no. If there is some money to pay some of the beneficiaries, then gifts are adeemed in a specific order (first the residue, then general devises then specific devises).

This is going to be complicated. The personal representative of the estate needs to consult with a probate attorney in the county/state where the estate is probated. If an attorney has not been retained to administer the estate then it would be wise to do this now to ensure that the estate assets are distributed correctly.

Read more
Answered on 4/30/13, 6:32 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Pennsylvania

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now