Rhode Island  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 5/01/13, 5:52 pm

I live with my wife and 22 y.o. son. He doesn't help with nothing to the household nor even does what I tell him to do to save energy and keep the bills down. He controls his mother in everything and spends her money but, she doesn't care but a lot of times she has to tap on the account that we have together. So what ever money she takes for him half come from me. I work so does she. He can't keep a job to long. But even going for months and months without working he has everything that he desires. U m very upset with him and her and because she protects him he lives under her shield.

Now he sneaks in his girl friend but because of his attitude and things that he can have anything he wants I told her girl friend that I didn't want her any of his friends hanging around my house. One night I told them to leave at 3 AM.

Today I called the cops to convince her to leave to avoid more arguments but they say because my wife wants her to stay I didn't have a saying on this matter. They it infringes on her rights. What about my rights? It is a much more easier ask her to leave that tell me to leave my house or my wife.

The cops say it is the law. Is it true? I have no rights in my house but my wife has.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search