Legal Question in Business Law in South Carolina

I would like to start a magazine in the State of SC. I will sell ads in the magazine, but the magazine will be available to readers for free via hard copy and web. Do I need to obtain a business license?

Asked on 9/06/12, 11:58 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Johnston Law Offices of Robert J. Johnston
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Business licenses are obtained through municipalities and counties. There are different types of organization categories that can have an affect licensing requirements. I don't know what type of business you have; whether a corporation, association, charitable, etc. Which type of business is often dictated by tax and liability reasons. Consulting with a CPA can be helpful.

What type of magazine are you starting? Please email me and reference this question. Thanks.

Robert J. Johnston

Email: [email protected]

Read more
Answered on 9/22/12, 8:15 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in South Carolina

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Business Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now