Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in South Carolina

Law suite

I was assaulted and battered in my home by a federal pree trial probation officer in front of my wife and daughter.Can I suie the federal gov. and or the probation officer? I a'm seeing a Judge today at4oclock to sign a warrent for his arrest.

Asked on 6/09/03, 11:38 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Regina Mullen Legal Data Services, PLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Law suite

If the officer violated your civil rights, you can sue, but you still hve to be able to show damages (usualy physical). There will be a full inquiry and your attorney should make sure to get all internal review documents. Your spouse and child might also have a claim for intentional infliction of emotional distress, but you really need an attorney in your area to sort it out.

Read more
Answered on 6/09/03, 1:14 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in South Carolina

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Civil Rights Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now