South Carolina  |  Criminal Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/19/13, 12:22 pm

im on probation for a 2006 arrest, and conviction in '08, in which i got sentenced to 10 years comp. upon the ser. of 5 years in scdc with the added conditions of $2,500.00 in restitution and three years of probation. i agreed to the sentence un der the influence of and anti psychotic and was not really aware of what i was doing. under the normal mind frame i wound not have agreed to the restituion b/c i was found not guilty of stealing the item in question, a shotgun, but was ordered to pay restitution anyway. im unable to pay b/c i dont have a job b/c of crippling health reasons. can a judge or the probation office suspend the requirement that i have to pay this fee or will i keep going back and forth to jail/prison untill i magically find the money to pay? i was assigned community service that i cant do b/c of health reasons, a illness called chronic regional pain syndrom that causes severe pain that renders my arm usless, and cant afford to go to a specialist to get treatment.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search