Legal Question in Personal Injury in South Carolina

hit by a suspended driver

hello

i was in a accident with a 75 year old man he ran a stop light and totaled my 1997 pick up he was driving with a suspended licence and expired tag waht legal option do i have i lost 3 days of work and my shoulder is sore i went to the emergency room and they said i had a contusion on my head can i get him for pain and suffering, loss wages, and anything else you advise

Robert Johnston Law Offices of Robert J. Johnston

Re: hit by a suspended driver

Your asking what, "damages" you can seek. Yes, you can claim lost wages and pain and suffering. You can also claim reimbursement for medical bills.

David Breen David Hart Breen, P.A.

Re: hit by a suspended driver

You are entitled to recover for your property damage, loss of use of your truck, lost wages, medical bills, prescriptions, pain and suffering. Your personal injury claim may become an "uninsured motorist claim". This happens when the other party is not insured. Your insurance company will pay you and they will go after the non-insured at fault driver for re-imbursement. It is not a fault coverage claim so your insurance rates should not go up. Whether the claim is made against the at fault driver's carrier or one under your own uninsured motorist coverage, it would be best if you retained counsel since your claim is adverse to those parties and they will try to pay you less than the claim is worth if you are unrepresented.

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in South Carolina