Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in South Carolina

Family Estate

My wife of 25 years and her mother had a house and a large amount of land in both their names. My wife died without a will. Does her half of the estate go to me or to my two daughters.

Asked on 7/24/08, 9:57 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robin Cromer Cromer Law Firm, LLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Family Estate

When your spouse dies intestate, her property will pass half to you and half to her children. If you prefer it to go all to the children you can disclaim your interest, likewise the children could disclaim their interest to you.

Read more
Answered on 7/25/08, 12:17 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in South Carolina

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now