Legal Question in Appeals and Writs in South Dakota

My son was convicted as a sex offender for having viewed files of "children" under 18 years of age on his computer.This was during a Federal FBI sting of Peer network transportation of Ponography. He has served his sentence and completed his probation. The photos viewed were of 16-18 year olds. He was 19 at the time. Since this time he has found it almost impossible to get a job and to keep it. He is often "let go" for unknown reasons. He has struggled since his release from prison. Is there any appeal process that would be available for him?

Edward Hoffman Law Offices of Edward A. Hoffman

It is too late for your son to appeal. In principle he may still be able to petition for a writ of habeas corpus, but nothing you have written suggests that such a petition might succeed. Your son's understandable frustration with the consequences of being convicted does not entitle him to relief.

I wish I could be more encouraging.

More Appeals and Writs questions and answers in South Dakota