Legal Question in Legal Malpractice in Tennessee

denied claim due to attorney error

I have been part of the Dow Corning lawsuit since 1989 and have had the same law firm the whole time (represented by a junior partner). After talking to my attorney several times about it, I had the implants replaced on 4/20/04. Now I have been denied my explant claim of $5000 becuase I did not use saline implants as replacements. (The surgeon used the newer silicone implants that have a thicker ''skin'' and are less likely to rupture.) I swear I didn't know it mattered! The attorney knew I was having surgery, but never told me that there were stipulations. I found out later from the Settlement Facility that this information was sent out a full year and two months before my surgery, but because I had a lawyer, it went to him instead of me. When I called the attorney, he said it was all just a mistake and he knew of a loophole. Now, he won't even call me back. I have detailed notes of every conversation I have had with anyone about this, but no one here (Memphis) wants to touch it. Should I send a letter of complaint to his senior partners? Make a formal complaint with the state? Sue him in small claims court? HELP! Please have pity! I am a complete mess over this...

William Poland Law Offices of William H. Poland

Re: denied claim due to attorney error

E.mail me. whpoland@clarksvillelawyers.com. I may be able to offer a solution for you. Bill Poland, attorney.

More Legal Malpractice Law questions and answers in Tennessee