Legal Question in Bankruptcy in Texas

My wife and I were divorced in January this year. It was stated in the decree that I got 100 percent of any tax refund for the year 2012. She filed chapter 13 bankruptcy right after the divorce, I had received info from here trustee stating any tax refund by the IRS she got for the year 2012 would have to be turned over to him within tens days. How does this affect the decree orders by the divorce judge

Asked on 9/18/13, 8:39 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Gary Armstrong Armstrong Kellett Bartholow P.C
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Go visit a bankruptcy attorney. If you have a pre-bankruptcy order directing that this is your money, you should get it rather than her creditors. But, you will need an attorney to protect your rights.

Read more
Answered on 9/18/13, 8:42 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Bankruptcy Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now