Legal Question in Business Law in Texas

Can a majority owner dictate how I sell my shares even if there is no operating agreement in LLC..t

He wants some. And person I sell to only a few shares

Asked on 3/09/13, 9:52 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Dipo Akin-Deko Akin-Deko Professional Services Firm PLLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If there is no partnership agreement AND there is no agreement has been entered into concerning the sharing of equity/shares, then a company should rely on the state partnership or corporation act. For LLC's with more than one member the local/state laws generally resemble the Uniform Partnership Act. For more detail concerning how the UPA or Texas business law may apply to your situation, I would recommend having a consultation with an attorney who practices business law. Your situation may have nuances that might implicate one or more aspects of business law; therefore it is very difficult to give a proper answer without going into the specifics of your situation which would require a consultation.

Read more
Answered on 3/10/13, 2:36 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Business Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now