Legal Question in Business Law in Texas

In texas what are the legal channels to put a durable poa and a medical poa in place on my adult son. And do I have to use and attorney to do it.

Asked on 5/08/13, 10:44 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Arthur Geffen Arthur H. Geffen, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

I'm not quite sure what you are asking. Do you want your son to give you these powers or do you want to give your son these powers over you. Either way, the party granting the power to someone else has to be mentally capable of knowing what they are doing and the party receiving the power has to know what obligations they are undertaking. You should use an attorney in order to make sure it is done right, but that is your choice. If a party is not mentally capable of granting the power, you will need to go to court.

Read more
Answered on 5/08/13, 10:55 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Business Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now