Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in Texas

Birth Certificate and Adoption

How can I fix a major problem that has caused me a lot of hassle and struggle in trying to locate my adoption papers that apparently a lawyer that my grandparents hired to arrange the adoption but to this day the courthouse tells me that there was never such papers drawn or filed. I cannot get a copy of my original birth certificate because the courthouse also tells me that it does not exist. I have already gone in bizarre circles trying to find this very important information and have not gotten anywhere, what am I suppose to do or who should be responsible for this mess if it is seriously affecting my future and my kids future. I cannot seem to get in college or get family assistance for that matter.

Regina Mullen Legal Data Services, PLC

Re: Birth Certificate and Adoption

Either you were adopted or you weren't. In any event, your birth certificate had to be recorded somewhere.

If you have a SS Number, you should be able to find out where, because the numbers are coded.

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in Texas

Civil Rights Law Legal Forms