Texas  |  Civil Rights Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 5/21/07, 12:55 pm

Birth Certificate and Adoption

How can I fix a major problem that has caused me a lot of hassle and struggle in trying to locate my adoption papers that apparently a lawyer that my grandparents hired to arrange the adoption but to this day the courthouse tells me that there was never such papers drawn or filed. I cannot get a copy of my original birth certificate because the courthouse also tells me that it does not exist. I have already gone in bizarre circles trying to find this very important information and have not gotten anywhere, what am I suppose to do or who should be responsible for this mess if it is seriously affecting my future and my kids future. I cannot seem to get in college or get family assistance for that matter.

1 Answer

Answered on: 5/23/07, 5:17 pm by Regina Mullen

Re: Birth Certificate and Adoption

Either you were adopted or you weren't. In any event, your birth certificate had to be recorded somewhere.

If you have a SS Number, you should be able to find out where, because the numbers are coded.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Legal Data Services, PLC Redmond, WA 48103

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search