Texas  |  Criminal Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/09/12, 8:08 am

I have a family violance charge but it was deffered can this still get in the way of me being approved for an apartment

1 Answer

Answered on: 8/13/12, 9:22 am by Megan Cook

Yes, apartments are generally owned by private people that can choose the requirements for their tenants. It is commonly asked whether a person has been charged with a crime, (regardless of whether they was ultimately a conviction). You may consider hiring someone to seal your record so that private agencies and employers can no longer see the offense on your record (this is an option that is sometimes available to those that have successfully completed a deferred adjudication case). Texas Criminal defense attorneys can advise you on whether you qualify to have this done.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Cook & Cook Law Firm, PLLC 214 Dwyer Ave, Suite 300 San Antonio, TX 78204

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

81 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search