Legal Question in Criminal Law in Texas

I am being represented by a public defender. My trial is set for Monday. I have had almost no communication with him. I call and get voicemail and never receive an answer back. I have sent emails and tried talking to someone else in the pub. def. office. They always direct me back to him. Needless to say, I am not comfortable with what might happen come my court day. What can I do?

Asked on 7/15/13, 12:38 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Cynthia Henley Cynthia Henley, Lawyer
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You can hire a lawyer to substitute in place of your public defender. And, you can be available to work with your public defender when he is ready to prepare for your trial.

Be aware that just because the case is set for Monday, does not mean it is going that day - and your PD may know that.

Read more
Answered on 7/15/13, 1:44 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now