Legal Question in Criminal Law in Texas

my sons 16 year old friend asked for a ride to the skating rink from her friends house and i gave her the ride to the skating rink without her parents consent. a few months back her parents said they didn't want her around my 15 year old son and they say they told me not to pick her up. i remember after talking with them about not wanting her near my son but i honestly do not remember them saying not to pick her up and give her a ride. they are threatening to go to the judge to see if they can press charges. is this considered a crime.

Cynthia Henley Cynthia Henley, Lawyer

I cannot think of a crime unless they are claiming you kidnapped the kid (which if the kid asked for a ride, you did not.) If she was a runaway and you gave her a place to stay, that is a crime. But, what you did is not a crime; the parents are trying to punish you because they have no control over their own child.

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Texas