Texas  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 6/06/03, 4:09 am

Adultery and children

My father is having an affair with another married woman who has children. He has 3 grown children and 2 adopted children. His ''girlfriend'' is saying horrible things about our whole family and has caused a lot of pain, suffering,emotional distress, public humiliation and defamation of character to each of us. We have asked that they be discreet or even break off their affair. They will do neither. They are both blatant about their relationship. We can't even go to the grocery store without being questioned by members of the community. Is there anything that we can file on them as grown children? We all just returned home from college, so forth and are trying to build lives in our hometown. It is becoming increasingly difficult to be seen in public. We are all so embarassed by the ordeal. OUr parents were married for almost 30 years and this has shocked the whole community. I wouldn't even consider this if they had been discreet, but she is pushing her limits with each of us by calling us names and publicly harassing us. We have done nothing to provoke this woman, we are just tired of the humiliation. Thank you so much-

--name removed--Crawford

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search