Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

I was in a car accident the day before I met with my wife and her divorce attorney. I thought we were settling out of court but I was on pain meds and they, my wife, are asking for temporary restraining and mental evaluation. I wasn't able to go get paperwork today from the office of my wife's attorney. It's scheduled for 9 am tomorrow and I don't feel comfortable. I need an attorney but because of the car accident I know now how important it is. How do I ask for it to be postponed?

Asked on 5/22/13, 5:50 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Keith Engelke Law Office of S. Keith Engelke
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Call the lawyer's office and tell them you are ill. Let them know you will contact them when you are better. It there is a court setting call the court coordinator and tell them you are ill and can't come to court.. Get a lawyer.

Read more
Answered on 5/23/13, 5:38 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now