Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

child custody

my friend was in an abusive marriage. Her husband took off with the kids and would not let her have anything to do with them. She had no money to fight for them.

He went to jail and left the children with his mother. She let the mother see them on occasion. CPS would not let her have them because when he took off, and she had no money to fight along with having abused woman syndrome, They said she abandoned them. Now the grandmother has sent them off to be with other relatives and the mother doesn't know where they are. What are her options in trying to get them back? She is working two jobs and just wants her babies back. Again she has little money, but is a good mother. What can she do?

Asked on 10/09/07, 10:49 am

2 Answer from Attorneys

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas