Texas  |  Family Law

I have two children amd would like to file for child support. We live together and do would not like to get divorced. Can he still pay me child support? Also if he just had a baby with another woman and she will be doing a paternity test and will file soon how much will she get? He makes 77k. She makes 50k and I am currently not working. Also I will keep custody of my children and she will keep custody of her child.

Answered on: 7/11/13, 7:19 pm by Fran Brochstein

If you are living in the same house I doubt that the TX A G is going to accept your case.

You need to talk to a private family law attorney in your county.

It makes no sense as to why you want to stay married & live together -- but you want to receive child support. If you are living together then the father is technically supporting his children by providing food, clothing and shelter for his children which is the same purpose for child support.

I hope this answer has been somewhat helpful to you.

All the best to you.

Attorney, Arbitrator & Mediator 8978 Kirby Drive Houston, TX 77054