Texas  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/11/13, 6:22 pm

I have two children amd would like to file for child support. We live together and do would not like to get divorced. Can he still pay me child support? Also if he just had a baby with another woman and she will be doing a paternity test and will file soon how much will she get? He makes 77k. She makes 50k and I am currently not working. Also I will keep custody of my children and she will keep custody of her child.

1 Answer

Answered on: 7/11/13, 7:19 pm by Fran Brochstein

If you are living in the same house I doubt that the TX A G is going to accept your case.

You need to talk to a private family law attorney in your county.

It makes no sense as to why you want to stay married & live together -- but you want to receive child support. If you are living together then the father is technically supporting his children by providing food, clothing and shelter for his children which is the same purpose for child support.

I hope this answer has been somewhat helpful to you.

All the best to you.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Attorney, Arbitrator & Mediator 8978 Kirby Drive Houston, TX 77054

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search