Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

If my child's father is not able to pick up our daughter at his scheduled time, am I obligated to let her go with a family member of his, or can she stay with me until he is available? She is almost 12 and does not want to go.

Asked on 8/27/13, 12:06 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Chase Hague The Law Office of Chase P. Hague
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Is there a child custody order in place? It really depends on what the order says. It is fairly common to have an order that states that a conservator may designate any competent adult to pick up the child. If that is the case, then a competent family member would be able to pick up the child. If you have any other questions, feel free to let me know.

Read more
Answered on 8/27/13, 12:25 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now