Texas  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 3/07/13, 7:12 am

I escaped from a violent husband, changed my name and moved to another state. Now, as I am going through the divorce proceedings, he has included interoggatory questions as to my name and whereabouts. He has refused to move forward until I confirm these things and is threatening to call in law enforcement. Do I have to tell him my legal name now and my residence if I am fearful for my safety?

1 Answer

Answered on: 3/07/13, 9:48 am by Theresa Langford

It appears that you have grounds for a Motion for a Protective Order to avoid these questions, as well as to quash further discovery. You need a lawyer, particularly since he is making threats regarding law enforcement, and it is illegal to threaten criminal action to gain an advantage in a civil proceeding. Please get legal representation.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Langford Law Firm 14683 Midway Road Suite 206 Addison, TX 75001

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search