Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

I escaped from a violent husband, changed my name and moved to another state. Now, as I am going through the divorce proceedings, he has included interoggatory questions as to my name and whereabouts. He has refused to move forward until I confirm these things and is threatening to call in law enforcement. Do I have to tell him my legal name now and my residence if I am fearful for my safety?

Theresa Langford Langford Law Firm

It appears that you have grounds for a Motion for a Protective Order to avoid these questions, as well as to quash further discovery. You need a lawyer, particularly since he is making threats regarding law enforcement, and it is illegal to threaten criminal action to gain an advantage in a civil proceeding. Please get legal representation.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas