Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

Father and mother divorced.

Father lives out of state.

Father wants to make his "own life", says to mother to sell house and give him half.

Mother is worried, she has three kids, 2 dogs, and one cat to maintain.

What does mother do in this situation?

Asked on 8/05/12, 12:37 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Megan Cook Cook & Cook Law Firm, PLLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If the father and mother already divorced, then there is a divorce settlement in place that designates who gets the house. If the mother was awarded the house, then she should just tell the father she is not willing to sell the house and give him half. If somehow the settlement terms are still on going, the mother should hire a family law attorney, and should get the attorney to fight for her entire ownership in the house because she needs it for her family. She should also file for child support.

Read more
Answered on 8/05/12, 11:44 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now