Texas  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 10/07/13, 7:57 pm

My husband had an affair and I am planning on filing for divorce. He expressed a desire to bring our kids around his mistress. I said no and the only reason he hasn't is because I refuse to let them out of my sight. I told him he should at least wait until we're divorced so they wouldn't be confused. Not long ago he spent the entire day with her and her two children and when he left again that evening to see her he found her passed out drunk and her baby dead in its crib. It turns out she killed her baby at least 24 hours earlier and proceeded as if nothing happened. It also turns out that she has a very long history of abusing and neglecting her children. I am legitimately concerned for the welfare of my children because he wanted to have them around this disgusting woman. When I file for custody can I present this very tragic case as a reason to restrict his custody? I am not being bitter or jealous I am legitimately concerned That his poor decisions will put my kids in harms way.

1 Answer

Answered on: 10/07/13, 9:37 pm by Keith Engelke

Yes. You can ask the court not to allow him to have her around when he is with the children..

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Law Office of S. Keith Engelke 2313 Lockhill Selma Road #224 San Antonio, TX 78230

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search