Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

Me and my husband are getting a divorce. He does not support my daughter financially at all and has barely seen her. He wants to sign over his rights. Is this possible? Do we have to go to court if I am not contesting the divorce or him signing over his rights?

Asked on 8/11/12, 8:23 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Keith Engelke Law Office of S. Keith Engelke
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

It is possible for a court to terminate your husband's parental rights. To get divorced, you will need to go to court.

Read more
Answered on 8/12/12, 7:18 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now