Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

Jurisdiction Between 2 States

My divorce and child support order was all filed and granted in Oklahoma (2002). With my new husband in Texas (resident for 2 yrs) I am in the process of step parent adoption for minor and relinquishement of rights for the biodad (non-contested and will not appear). Can I file all this in Texas or does Oklahoma still have jurisdiction? If Oklahoma still has jurisdiction what do I need to do?

Asked on 12/05/07, 9:40 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

James Grissom Law Office of James P. Grissom
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Jurisdiction Between 2 States

You will need to file motion to transfer if you want to do the adoption in TX.

Read more
Answered on 12/05/07, 10:09 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now