Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

Misuse of child support funds

My husband pays over $1000 in child support to his ex-wife for his two children, ages 9 and 11.These children wear thrift store clothes & shoes.We occassionally pay for field trips,school lunches,school supplies,etc. His ex-wife (f/t hair dresser) & new husband who does odd jobs for a living,in the last year,have purchased a new home,repainted that new home, purchased a new car and new truck, appliances and computer. She has even purchased a tanning bed. The children are old enough to know they don't have what they should, especially the oldest,and when they ask for things, she constantly tells them she has no money.The children argue with her about having ''new'' clothes or shoes and her husband punishes them for asking. Is there any way to hold her accountable for what she is spending the support money on? Without the support, she could not afford all the luxuries she and her new husband now have. Please help!

Asked on 3/22/05, 4:51 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Fran Brochstein Attorney & Mediator
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Misuse of child support funds

Basically, the answer is no.

If the children have a place to live with food, clean clothes (even if used), electricity, and transportation, then she is using the child support for their benefit.

Best of luck,

Fran Brochstein

Read more
Answered on 3/22/05, 6:53 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now