Texas  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/27/13, 6:45 am

Can the police arrest a husband or wife if they have been lightly fighting and arguing, if not caught in the act. In other words, what is the facts here and procedures?

1 Answer

Answered on: 8/27/13, 2:03 pm by Cynthia Henley

If they have a witness to the assault or one of the parties tells police that they were assaulted, they can arrest the other. They can both be arrested for disturbing the peace if neighbors complained.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Cynthia Henley, Lawyer 7626 E. Jordan Cove Houston, TX 77055-5053

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search