Texas  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 10/06/07, 12:00 am

Question about a Document

My husband had a child when he was fairly young. The womans family and lawyer made him sign a decree. He didnt have legal rep at the time and was told he was giving temp gaurdinship. In fact he was signing his rights away. He is a PC in this decree which should let him have some kind of interaction and some king of news about his daughter. The mother and family have totally outted him. They wont let him see or talk to her and she says she is scared ofhim now because of the mother telling her we were going to take her away. They have even gone so far as to threaten arresting when he tries to send flowers to her school for her birthday. My question is this, what should we do? Is the decree legal? How can he see his child? Thanks for any help.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search