Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

Question about a Document

My husband had a child when he was fairly young. The womans family and lawyer made him sign a decree. He didnt have legal rep at the time and was told he was giving temp gaurdinship. In fact he was signing his rights away. He is a PC in this decree which should let him have some kind of interaction and some king of news about his daughter. The mother and family have totally outted him. They wont let him see or talk to her and she says she is scared ofhim now because of the mother telling her we were going to take her away. They have even gone so far as to threaten arresting when he tries to send flowers to her school for her birthday. My question is this, what should we do? Is the decree legal? How can he see his child? Thanks for any help.

Eliseo Rico III The Law Office of Rico & Associates

Re: Question about a Document

Assuming he is a pc with standard visitation he may seek to enforce his visitation rights under the decree. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact me via email or at my office at your earliest convenience.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas