Texas  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 2/21/05, 4:32 pm

Screwed Father

I just found out that I am indeed the father of my ex-wife's second child. I knew she existed but until we were given a DNA test I never believed I was the father. I have a 4 year old son with my ex, the girl is 2 1/2 and I currently have a 4 month old son with my new wife of 1 1/2 years. I am court ordered to pay $409 a month for my eldest son. I am only making $7.43 an hour at my current job and cannot afford to keep getting behind on my child support because I am having to support my family now. Because of my ex-wife's behavior and her family resenting me I have not made many trips to see my son nor have I made many attempts to call. I love my son and I'm sure I can love my daughter as well but my ex-wife wants me to pay child support but not be in the girls life. I thought of giving both children up but I honestly don't have the heart to go that far. I need to know what to do in my case. How can I make her give me joint custody of my children? How can I get my child support lowered to my income? How can I pay off my back child support without having to give up half of my income due to garnishments? Is it possible to get my ex-wife to meet me half way for visitation? I live in Beaumont,TX and she lives in Haughton,LA. Help!?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search