Texas  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/18/13, 5:29 pm

I am a single mother with a 4 months old son, whom his father has not seen him since he was born. He never supported me when I was pregnant, infact he wanted me to abort him when I found out I was pregnant but I didn't. I filed for child support three months ago, but when he was contacted, he message me to please canceled the support case and talk to him. I canceled it, but till today, he has never helped me in anyway. I took care of my son all by myself with no help from him. He is currently unemploy and move in with his mom. I borrowed him money. in fact the money I borrowed him was my son's daycare money, but he hasn't pay it back. Now I asked him to pay me my back and if he didn't, I will know what to do. Now he is threaten me that if I file anything in the state of Texas that he will do anything to get my son, and take him from me. He said that Texas is throwing black parent in to jail for not paying child support. What do I do with his threat. Should I file for custody first before refiling for the child support. Thank you

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search