Texas  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 3/26/05, 2:46 pm

sole custody/divorce when husband is missing/homeless

How do I file sole custody & divorce when I don't even know where my husband is? Does he need to be served papers? I there a family law code that will protect my children? My husband has been diagnosed schizophrenic and totally denies his illness, therefore he refuses any type of treatment. His illness has declined over the past 5 yrs to the point that he is now homeless, missing and wandering the streets (by his choice). He has resisted all efforts by myself and his family to get help. I believe he is in another state as it was his last known location since 8/04. He lost his job 5/04 and quit supporting our 2 children. He abandoned us 8/04. He started wandering the streets homeless 3/05. I don't know if he is coming back to Texas or not. Where do I start in divorce/custody proceedings?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search