Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

in texas what if you can not find your spouse how do you proceed with divorce

Asked on 8/28/13, 8:02 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Adam Kielich The Kielich Law Firm
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

There are specific service procedures you must follow to try to locate and serve your spouse. If you cannot find your spouse after following those procedures then the court may authorize substitute service in which you can post notice of the divorce in the local paper. That doesn't mean if you don't know where he or she is you can just publish an ad in the paper. You will have to show you took steps to locate him or her, such as hiring an investigative company to try to locate him or her.

Read more
Answered on 8/28/13, 8:15 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now