Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Texas

Barking Dogs

What legal action can I/we take against a neighbor who has three large barking dogs. I have talked to the owners twice about it but they have not corrected the problem. I talked to the HOA and said they will send a violation letter and that's all they can do. Contacted the Denton County sheriff and they said its an HOA problem. The area we live in is unincorporated so we do not have the protection of Frisco Animal control. Multiple neighbors have talked to me about and are fed up also. This noise is effecting my personal-family life/health. I don't want to move is there anything to do?

Asked on 2/11/13, 10:21 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mark Dunn Mark D. Dunn
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You can sue them and ask for a restraining order (and injunction) concerning the dogs.

Shame on the Denton County Sheriff for not doing their job.

Read more
Answered on 2/12/13, 5:26 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

General Civil Litigation Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now