Texas  |  Immigration Law

Thank you for your attention. I have been charged with a violation of state law in Texas for not possessing a ticket while riding on a city train (fare evasion). The Notice To Appear document handed to me explains that I may pay the fine ($50) within 30 days in order to "dispose of this case with an administrative resolution without admission of guilt." A sign inside the train informed that if found on board the train without a valid ticket, one "may be charged with a class C misdemeanor." My question is: if I do pay the fine timely and the case is administratively resolved without admission of guilt (as opposed to judicially resolved), does this incident appear on my "record"? Would it be a matter that can be discovered if a background check is performed on me? I cannot tell if this citation is charging me with a class C misdemeanor like the sign informed about - is it indeed a class C misdemeanor?. I am someone who is in the US on an H1B work visa, and therefore am also concerned about whether or not such an issue can impact a future petition for a new H1B work visa after the current one expires, or a petition for a green card.

Thank you again for your time and attention! I shall be grateful for any response and advice I may receive.

Sincerely,

Drew