Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Texas

If my next door neighbor was spraying something above my apartment door, causing the ceiling to fall in and after told to stop, continued to spray. Me and my family had to move to another apartment. Could I sue for reckless endangerment?

Asked on 1/29/13, 8:05 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mark Dunn Mark D. Dunn
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You can sue for damages; you don't have to call it "reckless endangerment." Your neighbor did something that harmed you, period. He should pay for it.

Send him a demand letter first. "Dear Neighbor, On January 27, 2013, you sprayed Nastycide in such a way that it caused my ceiling to fall in, even after I told you to stop. My damages so far are $1,760.00, calculated as follows ..."

Give him ten days to pay, and then sue him.

Read more
Answered on 1/29/13, 1:20 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Landlord & Tenants Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now