Legal Question in Legal Malpractice in Texas

if i went to talk to a detective and didnt get read my rights or wrote or signed a conffesion can that evidence be used

Asked on 1/07/13, 10:55 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Cynthia Henley Cynthia Henley, Lawyer
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Police are required to give Miranda warnings to people who are IN CUSTODY (not there voluntarily) and who are being interrogated. Statements made without being questioned are admissible as are voluntary statements (made by a person not in custody.)

Read more
Answered on 1/08/13, 2:25 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Legal Malpractice Law questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now