Texas  |  Workers Comp

Legal Question

Asked on: 3/23/13, 4:59 pm


I work in a non-subscriber hospital and hurt my back 12-31-12 at work. I have not worked since, and am on our "workers comp", and am going to have to have surgery on my back as a result. I have been getting my paychecks, which are direct deposited, but recently they held my check for 5 days, saying they "forgot" to pay me. I have worked there for many years and this is the first time in all those years that they didn't deposit my check. It caused me $390.00 insufficient check charges, as well as a reconnection fee for gas and electricity which were cut off when I couldn't pay on pre-arranged payment schedules due to no paycheck being deposited. Now, I am also late on my house payment and will have late charges due to paying check fees and reconnection fees for utilities.

Is there some agency, possibly a state agency, that can help me recover this money from my employer? One to which I can also report my employer for this? My employer has a reputation for treating their employees unfairly, and not caring about any of us.

I would be so grateful for any assistance you can offer me. Thank you so much.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

130 Answers given in the last few hours.

8627 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search