Texas  |  Workers Comp

Hi,

I work in a non-subscriber hospital and hurt my back 12-31-12 at work. I have not worked since, and am on our "workers comp", and am going to have to have surgery on my back as a result. I have been getting my paychecks, which are direct deposited, but recently they held my check for 5 days, saying they "forgot" to pay me. I have worked there for many years and this is the first time in all those years that they didn't deposit my check. It caused me $390.00 insufficient check charges, as well as a reconnection fee for gas and electricity which were cut off when I couldn't pay on pre-arranged payment schedules due to no paycheck being deposited. Now, I am also late on my house payment and will have late charges due to paying check fees and reconnection fees for utilities.

Is there some agency, possibly a state agency, that can help me recover this money from my employer? One to which I can also report my employer for this? My employer has a reputation for treating their employees unfairly, and not caring about any of us.

I would be so grateful for any assistance you can offer me. Thank you so much.