Legal Question in Family Law in Utah

i am currently going through a divorce, but just found out i am pregnant. i believe in the initial divorce papers from my husbands' lawyer, it says that we don't have kids and aren't planning to have any.

since i just found out, and if i still go through the divorce, do i need to tell my lawyer and my soon to be ex-husband that i am pregnant?

Cory Wall Cory R. Wall, Attorney at Law, P.C.

Is your husband the father of the child? If so, you should definitely tell your lawyer and your husband. Also, you should be aware of the fact that if you are pregnant with a child while married, your husband is presumed, under the law, to be the biological father of that child and would become responsible for child support in the event of a divorce unless that presumption is rebutted by proof that someone else is the father. You should consult with your attorney about your situation.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Utah