Legal Question in Family Law in Utah

My ex was having health issues and asked me if I would allow him to stop making his alimony payment for 3 months until he could get his finances in order. He also said he would pay me back the alimony he did owe. That time alotment is now here. I am getting married in a few months which I am aware that alimony will stop at that point. Question; Can I legally insist that he pay me back the alimony even if I am getting married soon. Our agreement was verble unfotunately..Is he legally obligated to pay me even though I gave him that grace period. Also, He wanted to wait until he heard something back on his medical or social security he was waiting on and then pay me. Can I insist that he pay me in full and resume paying me month to month until I remarry.. Thank you ! I hope you can help me... Have been sacrificing enough to this man, 40 years worth

Asked on 7/28/13, 6:59 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Cory Wall Cory R. Wall, Attorney at Law, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Unless and until he obtains a court order relieving him of his obligation to pay you alimony, he still needs to pay it, until you remarry. If, as of the date of your remarriage, he still hasn't caught up on his payments to you, he is still obligated to pay it.

Read more
Answered on 7/28/13, 7:42 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Utah

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now