Legal Question in Family Law in Utah

If my daughter is of age to start kindergarten and her mother wont sign her up to start, am I still responsible for daycare costs even though she could be in school?

Asked on 7/03/13, 11:41 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Cory Wall Cory R. Wall, Attorney at Law, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Frankly, I think it would be a feasible defense on your part for not paying child care costs if your daughter is eligible to begin Kindergarten. I would take the position with your ex that you will not pay child care costs for the period of time when your daughter should be in school and let her press the issue through the courts if she wants to. I think the court would agree with your position.

Read more
Answered on 7/03/13, 12:12 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Utah

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now