Legal Question in Consumer Law in Virginia

I bought a car from someone and took out a loan to buy the car. This person refused to give me the title and now they are requesting the car back for the exact amount I paid them. I have had the car in my possession for over a month. What are my options?

Asked on 5/30/13, 9:46 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael E. Hendrickson Attorney & Counsellor at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

So. refuse the request and if necessary tell this someone that if s/he continues to fail to turn over the title to you as the lawful owner of the vehicle, you may have to resort to appropriate legal action to obtain it which may

also obligate this individual to pay for your legal fees.

Read more
Answered on 5/30/13, 9:58 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in Virginia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Consumer Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now